Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wingaersheek Beach

One of my mom's favorite places to go on her vacation has always been Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester. To me as a kid, a beach was just a beach, but now, going back as an adult, I can totally appreciate why she loves this beach so much. Other than the beaches in the Caribbean, I think Wingaersheek may be the nicest beach that I have visited.

We decided to head up to the beach late this afternoon (it's free parking after 5!) and just relax and enjoy the beautiful day. It really was the perfect beach day! It was warm with a nice, soft breeze coming off the ocean to keep us from getting too warm-- it was really just perfect!

Mom (well, my mom) made meatloaf sandwiches (and PB&J for me!) and we had ourselves a little beach picnic!

Eliot had a great time playing in the sand and splashing in the shallow waves with Grandma! She always knows just how to make him giggle!

Here are some photos from the day. I wish I could share some of Grandma and Eliot, but I think I'd get in some pretty big trouble for putting up beach photos of Grandma!











Before we left, I switched the camera to auto and handed it over to my mom so that she could snap a quick Baker family portrait :)



2 comments:

  1. As a friend of Grandma Nancy I am disappointed that you weren't brave enough to post those pictures. You take such lovely photos that I can't imagine the ones of your mother would be that bad. Let her know that her internet fans want to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- I'll share that with her :)
    Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete