Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Getting my feet wet

I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while now. It seems to be the thing to do these days. Also, I wanted a place to keep track of all of Eliot's milestones and accomplishments other than in his baby book. Maybe someone other than me will get some enjoyment out of reading about his newest victories.

Once I decided to take up digital photography, the decision to start a blog was really just that much easier to make. Over the past couple of weeks, I have searched through several different blogs and websites and found a ton of inspiration. I love photography blogs! From looking at awesome photographs of varied subjects, to learning tips and tricks with both the camera and with photoshop (and boy, have I learned A LOT!), there's really just so much about it to love!

So, here we go! I started a digital photography class 5 short weeks ago just after my (insert adjective of choice here) husband went out and bought me a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l camera that we absolutely cannot afford. He came home with a Canon Rebel T1i. I couldn't decide between being pissed or just really excited. He wouldn't allow me to return it so I settled on excited.

I have really learned quite a bit already. I shoot mostly in manual which is a skill I thought I would never master! First we did macro photography, then landscapes, abstract, and then events. Here are some photos from the assignments that I have completed so far.

(forgive me if the photos are too small or of poor quality- I am still trying to figure things out!)













Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment