Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday and what a great one it was! Ted let me sleep in so I slept until about 9:00. When I woke up, Ted and Eliot told me to sit on the couch and they brought me out a cake; a double chocolate cake at 9:00 in the morning! Haha! Ted wanted to dig in, but here we are a day later and it still remains in tact. It had Winnie the Pooh candles and Eliot even wrote a special happy birthday message on the top for me with white frosting!



Then came the presents! Ted handed me two to open right away. The first had me a bit confused. It was a package of diapers. I thought for a moment maybe Ted had forgotten just whose birthday this was, but by the time I opened the second package (the wipes), I was pretty sure that I had had things figured out. Ted went on to explain that for the entire weekend, I wouldn't have to change ONE diaper! Points for Ted :)


My birthday card from (and signed by) Eliot

Ted saved the best gift for last, though; my brand spankin' new tripod! Woohoo!! Now I can shoot in the dark without the super high ISO that causes noisy, grainy photos! Double points for Ted :)



Then we dropped Eliot off at my folks house for the day (and night!!) while Ted took me to Foxwoods. We had a blast! It was just like old times. I love Eliot so dearly and could never imagine my life without him, but boy, was it really nice to just let loose and be back to old Kara and Ted for a day (and night!). We stayed at Foxwoods for about 4 hours, stopped at Friendly's for dinner on the way home, came home and went to bed! You would think that sleep would come easy to me after 10 months without sleep, but I didn't sleep to well at all. I kept looking at Eliot's empty bed and wondering if he was asleep right then or not, or if he was crying or missing us :( I did end up getting plenty of sleep though and Ted and I both crawled out of bed around 9:30. It really was a fabulous birthday!

A TRIPLE HUGE THANK YOU TO MY PARENTS (AND MY MOM FOR SACRIFICING SLEEP) FOR TAKING ELIOT FOR A WHOLE DAY!
I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment