Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sunapee

My parents and my sister all had yesterday off. At the very last minute, we decided to take a day trip up to our cottage in Sunapee, NH. Eliot was awake for the entire 2 hour car ride and didn't cry once!! I was so proud of him! He normally hates the car so this was really an achievement for him.

We got to the cottage at about 1:30 and had lunch. After lunch we promptly changed into our bathing suits and headed outside. Eliot climbed right into the little kiddie pool that my grandparents bought for him-- it was so cute! He loved it! A while later, I caught a salamander and put it in his pool to show him. He is such a boy-- he went right for it!



Grandma picked up the salamander so that Eliot could get a better look (or feel)!

Eliot also loved being in his little floatie in the pond. He especially liked it when he was in shallow water so he could walk along the bottom. I love that he loves the water so much-- just like his Mama!


We had such a nice day and Eliot had so much fun that he forgot all about his second nap! He slept pretty good last night too. I think he slept in his bed from about 8:30-5:00am! And then he came in bed with us until 6:30! I guess we should do this more often ;)




This is our neighbor's dog, Griffin. Griffin spend all day (literally HOURS) walking back and forth in the water between cottages "fishing." When I asked if he ever caught anything, I was told: "Nope." Poor griffin :(

No comments:

Post a Comment