Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunapee

This past weekend was my first free Saturday of the Summer (can you believe it?) so we made plans to trek up to Sunapee to see my grandparents and have a nice fun-filled, sun-filled day. Ted never made it up there last year due to his packed travel schedule for his former job (glad that's D-O-N-E!). I took Eliot once last year with my parents for the day, but we knew that he would appreciate it so much more this year-- and he did. He swam, played in the sand, played with the hose, went for a boat ride (Great-Grandpa even let him drive the boat!), got to sit in not ONE, but TWO diggers (my grandparents neighbor owns two), went out for ice cream & walked around the Sunapee Harbor and watched all the boats. He loved the boats.

We really had such a nice day. We thought that Eliot might have allergies just like his Mama had up there when she was little, but he's not got a cold so we're not sure if he was just getting sick or if it maybe was a little bit of both.

The weather was really nice... not quite as hot as I would have liked it for a day in NH, but I actually did go in the water anyhow. The water was actually quite nice (yes, I said that!). Eliot was freezing at one point, shivering, but refused to get out of the water. I'm sure that didn't help with his cold situation much, but he really loves the water. He has no fear about the water either, which in turn scares me.

It was a really nice day and I hope we get the chance to go up once more before the Summer's end.
Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment