Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's Been a While!

It's been a while so I just want to post a quick update. I've been so busy with client photos that once again, my own personal photos have fallen by the wayside. I do, however, want to share a family portrait that was taken by a friend of mine (Kelly Swieck of Kelly Swieck Photography). We hired her to take a family portrait of Ted's family for Ted & Janice's 40th wedding anniversary and since we had her anyway, we decided to try to get a portrait of our little family as well. This was the best of the bunch (Eliot was less (way less) than cooperative).


Let's see... some other updates... Eliot is almost 2 now. I cannot believe it and have NO idea where the time went! He is my best buddy and we have a lot of fun together. I am so blessed to have such a sweet little boy. His vocabulary is outstanding and he is now saying sentences, i.e. "read a book." He amazes me with the things he comes up with. Ted & I have a cup sitting next to our toaster that we put the days change in. Yesterday we actually had bills in there (a rarity for sure) and Eliot looked up at the cup and said "cash." It's so funny that he picked up on something like that. I wonder how often I actually use the term "cash."

He has been doing much better breathing-wise as well. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary. We are still doing one breathing treatment per day of a steroid on the nebulizer for the time being. We have a doctors appointment scheduled for his 2 year physical on September 17th so we will see what the doctor has to say at that point.

As far as my photography, I am starting to really feel like a photographer. I felt like I was faking it for a while there, but I am starting to have more confidence in my abilities. I had 2 recent sessions that went really well which of course helps to build confidence. I have a wedding this weekend and that's what really counts. It's the first wedding where I will be the primary shooter (Kelly will be my second shooter). I am nervous, but it has come at a good time for me professionally speaking.

Well, that's all for now. I have some photos to edit from Ted & Janice's 40th anniversary party this past weekend so hopefully I can share a few of those on here soon! Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment