Friday, September 14, 2012

Looking Back on Our Summer; Instagram Style

I think I did a pretty good job-- OK-- maybe an alright job at keeping up with this blog until mid-july-ish.  I think that's when my life went all chaotic.  I guess one of the things I have to be thankful for is the phone camera.  It's certainly not ideal--- and not my 21 mega-pixel full-frame DSLR with luxury lens glass attached to it-- but in a pinch, it will freeze time and capture a memory and really, that's what it's all about. 

Towards the beginning of the Summer, I downloaded an app on my phone that everyone seems to be talking about called "Instagram."  It's this neat little app that can take a photo and then it allows you to edit your photo in a funky way and share it with people either via email, Facebook, Twitter, or a few other ways that I just don't get into.  So I downloaded it and I actually had some fun with it.  I'm glad that I did it too because it made me more likely to capture memories this summer when carrying five pounds of camera and lens around my neck in 90* weather didn't seem like something I wanted to do that day.  So here it is... the rest of our Summer... via Instagram!



This was Eliot's very first time miniature golfing at Pirates Cove in NH... and yes it was 90* out.  I think we made it through about the first 8 holes and then called it a day.  It was Ted, Nana, myself and Eliot.  Eliot was half entertained and half bored.  Really, honestly, I think it was 50/50.  He has since asked to go back.  I think a 9-hole course would be good for him.

 

This was at the beach at Lynch Park in Beverly, MA.  My friend Nikki and her family (from New York) came to visit for a long weekend and we played here for the afternoon before we headed up to my grandparents cottage in Sunapee, NH for the weekend.  The boys had fun digging and looking for crabs and snails.  Actually, Nikki and I had quite a lot of fun looking for crabs and snails too.  



This is just Eliot while him and I were hanging around doing some usual digging in our backyard.


 I took Ted to see Cirque Du Soleil for our 10 year dating anniversary and it was the coolest thing I think either of us has ever seen! I am dying to go and see it again.  I loved it! We don't go out very often- never mind out to see something so cool! 


 Eliot's 6 month check-up at the dentist went well! Still no cavities for my brave little boy!  He doesn't even like to bother taking any toys from the toy chest at the end of his appointment because they don't have any trucks (or anything having to do with trucks).  Pencils, puppy tattoos, GI Joes, and other do-dads just aren't for him.


 Eliot got a wooden tractor for Christmas last year that he and Ted had to put together (with screws and a screwdriver) and he finally got around to painting it.



Eliot washing off his smelly shells from a beach trip-- which turned into an excavator car wash.




Eliot riding on his skate board, which was an early birthday present from Nana-- which she didn't know about until we told her :)


This is a cast of Eliot's foot.  We found out that Eliot needs to wear braces 20-24 hours a day anywhere from 8-18months to correct his toe walking.  He almost exclusively walks on his toes.  Ted and I noticed this from an early age, but weren't concerned.  My mother-in-law also noticed and suggested we bring it up to the pediatrician, which we did who referred us to a child orthopedist.  I didn't make an appointment with the ortho until my daycare provider also mentioned something and said she had brought him over to a friend of hers who is a physical therapist and said he needs to be seen so then I decided to make the appointment.  After about a 5 month waiting period, he got into see the ortho.  He examined Eliot thoroughly and told me that toe walking could actually be a sign of very serious conditions, but thankfully Eliot did not have any other symptoms indicating any of the other scary stuff-- he simply had tight heel cords.  The Dr. told me I was smart to bring him in young and that if I had waited, he probably would have needed surgery to correct it.  We are now waiting for the braces to be made which takes about 2-3 weeks.  He should have them in another week or so.  We will call them his super boots.  

 Finally,  Eliot started preschool this year.  So far, he loves it! He loves his teachers (one in particular) and some days, he doesn't even want to leave!


That's our end of Summer update! Now, we welcome Fall and look forward to celebrating Eliot's birthday this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment