Friday, March 26, 2010

Keeping Busy!

Now that Ted is back to work, Eliot & I are trying desperately to find a nice balance in our day; a balance between being board to tears and trying to do too much. The rainy days make it hard because well, who really wants to go out in rain? Not me. I introduced Eliot to Play Doh for the first time this rainy week. He didn't really know what to make of it. He really didn't do much playing or manipulating with it, but he did not want me to put it away! And when I finally managed to put it away, and he noticed, he immediately brought me back the containers to open them again. I'm interested to see when he'll grasp the marvel that is Play Doh.



Eliot's biggest fascination right now is with diggers. That's all he can talk about. He knows that there is a digger permanently parked around the corner, just out of the back of our parking lot and always points in that direction and says "digga!" We walked to the "digga" one windy day this week in order to take up a whopping 15 minutes in our day. Of course, he loved it. The thing with doing things that he loves though, is that when it comes time to leave, he throws a tantrum. Aren't those supposed to start at 2? He's been throwing tantrums since December, when we made him leave the Merry-Go-Round at the Stone Zoo Lights exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment