Thursday, November 26, 2009

My New Macro Lens!

My photography wish list seems to be ever-growing and with my first wedding coming up after Christmas, I wanted to purchase something that I thought would help me out a little with that. Some of the best wedding photos are the detail shots; the rings, the flowers, candles, buttons on the dress, etc. and what better way to capture all that good stuff, but with a macro lens!? I found a refurbished lens at a VERY reputable website for $70 less than a brand new one so I just had to go for it. I've been playing for a few days now and though I still have a lot to learn about it (the lens came with it's own THICK book manual), I am loving it so far! The other major reason I can justify purchasing this lens right now is that macro lenses make great portrait lenses as well and since the majority of my business is portrait-based, it just made sense 0:)


And now for the portraits! (You may have noticed an influx of Eliot-in-hat photos lately and there is a reason for that. For my latest photography class project, I was sort of elected to do a series of kids in hats. Though I do have some photos of other kids, needless to say, Eliot is my primary model)
And I couldn't resist putting this one up! Ted actually took this photo with my camera of Eliot licking the chocolate off of my spatula after baking my holiday rice krispy treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment