Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trying to Get out of My Editing Funk!

I took some photos of Eliot today while at my folk's house (and at the park down the street). I knew that I needed to get some decent ones to bring into photoshop (PS) and practice some of my editing. I've been feeling lately that a lot of my editing has become "stale." I constantly am comparing my photos and my edits to other photographers and sometimes feel a little disappointed. I have even posted some of my edited photos on photography message boards asking for constructive criticism (how else am I gonna learn?!) and the things on which these professionals pick up are amazing! I would never even think twice about some of the minor imperfections of a photo that just seem to scream out to the seasoned and trained eye. It's all part of the learning process. After this week, though, I do feel one step closer to "getting it!" I've tried a few new things with these edits today and am super excited to FINALLY be able to REALLY identify (and half of the time even remove) color casts!



I also want to say that these photos look way lighter on the web than they do in my PS. I am guessing that the way that they look in PS is in fact the way that they actually look, but will not know that for certain until I get some prints done.

In other news, my website has been purchased and I will be building it in the coming weeks!
Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Kara these pictures are beautiful! I adore the smile on his face; and you have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete