Saturday, October 3, 2009

Frustrated!

I feel badly that I have not posted anything exciting in a while. I have done a couple of shoots for friends lately, but have sort of been discouraged with my results. I am having an extremely hard time with the auto focus points (AFP) on my camera (especially with my new lens)! I'm not fast enough to manually select the AFP so I rely on the automated AFPs feature, but the problem with that is, that when I go to view my photos on the computer, I notice that the point of focus (POF) is more often than not in the WRONG spot (for example, the focus will fall on an article of clothing rather than in the eyes as it should be). So what happens, is that I have to discard more photos than I keep.

This is Trina, my friend Marcey's 3 year old little girl.

Since I have been at this now since May (almost 5 months), I am starting to become a lot more critical of myself. I feel like this is something I should have mastered (or semi-mastered) by now... and I might, if I EVER took the darn thing off of AUTO AFP! I just don't have the patience! At five months into this, it's not cute to have photos out of focus!

Anyway, I know the best way to conquer this is to practice, practice, practice. Kids are probably the worst things to practice on too since they don't stay still! I guess I'll have to find something maybe slightly boring to practice on in the very near future.

Anyway, here's a couple of Eliot from yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment