Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gardening, Water Ballons & The Beach, Oh My!

There's no question; we've undoubtedly had one of the warmer Springs within recent memory.  This is especially awesome since this year we have a YARD to enjoy it with!  Eliot and I spend one morning last week planting some seeds and doing a little gardening.  We have not been so good with the upkeep of these plants so don't expect an update from us on these :-x







Then, one one of the warmer afternoons, I filled up some water balloons for Eliot and his new friends to play with.  At first, their plan was to bury the balloons.  I'm not sure of the purpose-- maybe to stomp on them and pop them? And made lots of mud? That sounds very Eliot-ish.  Then, they decided just to go for it!









Then, on yet another warm day, we went to the beach for a picnic.  I couldn't believe (OK, yes I could) that Eliot got into the water! It was SO cold! Even walking through it made my feet hurt.  Good thing we brought a change of clothes.... and blasted the heat in the car the whole ride home!  Last week was also April Vacation so we got the chance to see some old friends which was nice!



I also wanted to post this photo here. My Papa loved lighthouses.  So much so that they were even on his checks.  I recently purchased (a la Christmas Tree Shops) a canvas print of a lighthouse to be displayed in our guest room (having created it in the first place with him in mind), but I thought maybe I could do one better and print my own canvas.  I think that this is the photo I will print on canvas;




No comments:

Post a Comment