Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest is the Best Idea Ever!

So for those of you who have been living under a rock Pinterest.com is a website where you can go and create virtual pin boards. If I'm on a cooking website (yeah right) and see a recipe that I really want to try (again, yeah right), I can pin it to one of my virtual pin boards on Pinterest. I can name all my Pin boards whatever I want to... some of my names are Perfect Poses (photography inspired portrait poses), Gifts to Make (Ideas that I see online that I'd like to make someone as a gift), Kids (ideas to do with Eliot) and many, many more! There's a pin board for every area of life.. and then some. It's AWESOME! And what's even better is that you can look through OTHER people's pin boards to get ideas that they have pinned. (I swear I don't get paid to endorse this company-- It's just THAT awesome).

So anyway, this Winter, we've spent some time playing with some of the ideas I've found on Pinterest and other websites. First we did the water beads (see previous post). Then I did colored shaving cream painting:

The shaving cream comes right off. We even left it up there all day so Eliot could show Daddy his masterpiece and we had no problem wiping it right off-- no stains!

And some of Eliot being goofy in the water:




And then just this morning, I gave Eliot some Styrofoam, nails, and a small hammer and let him go to town. This was MESSY. Not the project itself but the aftermath and the toddler that doesn't listen to his mother when she tells him not to break up the Styrofoam. Even the vacuum couldn't get all those tiny white pieces up!


And of course, digging nails back up with (what else?) trucks:


I think that Pinterest is Eliot approved ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment