Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine's Day Photos-- Check!

I've been on the hunt for a cutsie Valentine's Day idea to do with Eliot as my photography subject. It's tough because Valentine's Day tends to be a girly holiday so there are plenty of cute ideas for girls... boys are a bit tougher. Finally, I got it. The perfect idea to try with Eliot.

I thought that this would take hours upon hours to accomplish. Not only would I have to set up my in-home studio in my own (teeny tiny) home, but I would also have to get Eliot to play along. Hmmm.... I enlisted my sister to help accomplish this (what seemed to be giant) task.

She came with me while I went to stores in search of a certain "prop." Then, she watched and played with Eliot while I dragged all my lights out, back drop, and stand, and set them all up.

She helped me get him ready and then she helped me to get him to actually look and SMILE at me.

It did not take as long as I thought it would. In fact, I think the whole process might have taken an hour. AN HOUR!!! For these shots, that's really unheard of with my uncooperative child. Of course, it doesn't hurt that now that he has outgrown his soy allergy (Hallelujah!) I can use M&Ms as part of a reward system.


Enjoy :)


And since part of the reason I started this blog was to give small updates about Eliot as well, I guess I'll throw in some of his latest "milestones." YES, we had an allergist apt at the beginning of January and he did indeed outgrow his soy allergy. This has opened up new doors for us in terms of eating. He was on such a limited diet before that now I feel like I've won the lottery! Horray for grilled cheese sandwiches and chocolate!

Eliot has also been speaking in paragraphs lately. He talks about anything and everything. His vocabulary is excellent and he surprises me almost on a daily basis. Whether it's repeating back a sentence that Ted said (that might not have been so nice) or coming out with the funniest answers to questions I throw out there-- he keeps me giggling! He also likes to know what everything is now too.. Since we're giving him foods that he's never eaten before, he always makes sure to ask, err--, TELL me, "I don't know what this is..." So far, he's been good about trying things too. I am so proud of him. I love him more and more every day!

3 comments:

  1. I love both of your blog entries, they are very well written and incredibly cute! Eliot has the sweetest little smile ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adore all the pictures of Eliot...can't even pick a favorite. Can't wait to meet him (you & Ted too) in May!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute kid, Kara! He's growing up so fast! By the way, you did an excellent job on Alyssa's photoshoot!

    ReplyDelete