Wednesday, November 3, 2010

California: Part II

The thing with having a photography business is that your clients' photos always have to come before your own. I am in the middle of a huge holiday rush right now (which is a great thing, don't get me wrong), but it's hard to get my own photos done. I took a few minutes to try to get the second (of three) rounds of my California photos done and posted. I feel sad because I can't remember in as much detail as I would have had I posted these right when we got home :(

Our second day of sight seeing we went to Hollywood and Beverly Hills. The ride to get there was awful! Traffic was worse than I'd ever seen in my life. I was excited to show my parents and sister the star walk though on Hollywood Blvd. We also got to see the Hollywood sign (which Ted and I did see on our Honeymoon, but not as closely as we saw it this time). We drove up to the Hollywood Observatory and got to see it from there. So cool.


After all that time in the car, we needed to stretch our legs a little so we found a playground and got out for a little bit. My mom was the first to notice I think that the squirrels there are NOT afraid of people. They would just come right up to us. It kind of freaked Ted & I out, but my Mom went right ahead and made friends with one squirrel in particular by feeding it french fries that my Dad had previously thrown in the garbage can.

The next day, we went to Irvine Regional Park where we had a hay ride, a "chooch" ride, and we also got to visit the Orange County Zoo. They had face painting there, but since Eliot's skin (especially on his face) is so sensitive, we opted to let him have his arm painted instead. He got Thomas and he loved every minute of it! Eliot also got to ride on his very first pony! He loved it! At the zoo, there was a cool little fenced in park that we got to go into where you could brush the goats. Eliot loved it, but Emily and my mom loved it just as much-- too funny. The rental car smelt like goats for the remainder of the trip. Emily had to take a shower as soon as we got home because of how badly she smelt like goats.


Thursday of that week, I had booked an engagement session. The couple chose Aliso Beach in Laguna Beach as their location and it was spectacular! (See the engagement photos I shot HERE). The couple was a few minutes late getting there so I got to snap a few quick shots before I was off to work! What a gorgeous location, though-- my favorite location at which I have ever shot!



Until part III....

No comments:

Post a Comment